Understanding Cyber Threats & Countermeasures
- Duration: 2 days
- Course delivery: Online/Cyber Quarter, Hereford
- Course code: CQCTC
- Cost: £1,000 + VAT
Register Your Interest
Training course outline
With the proliferation of connected devices and applications, the attack surface and security threats have increased exponentially. This course seeks to introduce the fundamental blocks of threats and vulnerabilities in our modern cyberspace and the controls introduced to minimise their impact. Delegates will be guided through the necessary knowledge to maintain cyber hygiene and identify and protect against online security threats whilst building a fundamental understanding of online attacks and their variations.
What will I learn?
- Identify and decompose the threat landscapes such as attack motivation and adversaries’ technical capabilities
- Understand vulnerabilities, cyber-attack stages and patterns and mitigation technologies and tools
- Maintain cyber hygiene and develop resistance against social engineering attacks
Who should attend this training course?
The Understanding Cyber Threats & Countermeasures course is designed for anyone with limited IT and networking knowledge who wants to understand the key Information Security issues and attack patterns and how to best protect against them. This course will also be of benefit to software developers and delegates who seek an entry point into the Information security industry. There are no previous learning requirements.
What does this training course cover?
- The cyber threat landscapes
- Cyber threat sources and actors and motivation
- Mobile threats and malware fundamentals
- Access Control models
- Social Engineering
- Online safety and privacy
- Introduction to Public Key Cryptography and PKI
- Basics of network security protocols
- Hacker types and penetration testing lifecycles
- Principles of authentication protocols
- Network-based attacks and their variations
- Firewall technologies
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Cyber-attack propagation models, patterns and associated risks
- Reducing exposure and case studies
What’s included in this course?
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free onsite parking
- Access to full course materials (digital copy PDF)
- A certificate of course completion
How can I further my knowledge?
For additional training modules and more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org