SIEM with Tactical Analytics
- Duration: 3 days
- Course delivery: Online/Face-to-Face
- Course code: CQSIEM
- Cost: £1,890 + VAT
Register Your Interest
Training course outline
There is an exponential increase in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) market due to the necessity to analyse data in real-time and provide early detection and response against multi-stage and targeted attacks. SIEM tools promise to aggregate data produced by multiple devices and systems within the infrastructure and correlate the information in such a way that situational awareness is improved continuously as part of continuous security monitoring. This course seeks to equip delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to understand structural components, operations and state-of-the-art SIEM systems through the establishment of understanding of focused aggregation of a large volume of data and security analytics performed on it to articulate better consumer decision drivers and business value.
What will I learn?
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the data life cycle and underpinning technologies of big data communications in security, data management, and distributed data processing in modern SIEM systems
- Systematically analyse vulnerabilities related to big data systems using cyber threat intelligence generated by data and incident feeds
Who should attend this training course?
The SIEM with Tactical Analytics course is designed for anyone with an interest in operation and automation of security processes and cyber threat intelligence used for proactive network defence. There are no previous learning requirements.
What does this training course cover?
- SOC tier models and operational roles
- Introduction to cyber threat intelligence sources and feeds
- Opensource intelligence for security operations
- Introduction to security threat modelling
- SIEM concepts and components
- STIX, OpenIOC and YARA
- SIEM types and implementations
- Regulatory compliance
- Database security
- Big data architecture and deployment for security
- Data-driven security
- Structured analytical techniques
- ETL (Extract, Transform Load)
- Data life cycles
- Data Storage, indexing and querying
- Cyber threat analytics
- SIEM Implementation guidelines
- Capability analysis and advanced profiling
- Log management and response features
- Visualisation techniques for security intelligence
What’s included in this course?
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free onsite parking
- Access to full course materials (digital copy PDF)
- A certificate of course completion
How can I further my knowledge?
For additional training modules and more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org