Intrusion Detection and Monitoring: Tools and Techniques
- Duration: 3 days
- Course delivery: Online/Face-to-Face
- Course code: CQIDPS
- Cost: £1,980 + VAT
Register Your Interest
Training course outline
An intrusion detection and prevention system (IDPS) is a core component of any network infrastructure that monitors events and detect incidents that can potentially lead to security breaches or violations of security policies. This course delivers in-depth training into intrusion detection, prevention approaches and state-of-the-art research leading to continuous improvement in terms of accuracy and performance. Delegates are exposed to extensive research applying machine-learning and deep-learning approaches and tools in IDPS to better understand new modules of behaviour used in the detection of security incidents. The course follows a systematic approach blending theory with hands-on explication as part of the delivery.
What will I learn?
- Understand current approaches and state-of-the-art data and information management from a risk assessment perspective
- How to apply specialised Information risk assessment techniques in a variety of contexts
Who should attend this training course?
The Intrusion Detection and Monitoring: Tools and Techniques course is designed for those who seek to expand their knowledge in detection and monitoring approaches in proactive network defence with strong technical interests in information security. There are no previous learning requirements.
What does this training course cover?
- Basic principles
- IDPS key functions and requirements
- Detection methodologies
- ID system processes
- ID network architectures
- IDPS components
- IDPS types
- Distributed IDPS
- Knowledge-based / expert systems
- Machine Learning IDPS
- Design and deployment requirements
- IDPS Guidelines
- IDS for WSN
- Honeypots & Honeynets
- Deep Learning approaches in IDS
- Tools & Techniques for network monitoring and response
What’s included in this course?
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free onsite parking
- Access to full course materials (digital copy PDF)
- A certificate of course completion
How can I further my knowledge?
For additional training modules and more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org