Internet of Things Security
- Duration: 1 day
- Course delivery: Online/Face-to-face
- Course code: CQIOT
- Cost: £650 + VAT
Register Your Interest
Training course outline
This course provides an overview of the most recent developments in the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem with emphasis placed upon its security implications and threats to privacy, safety and resilience. Through a systematic review and technical hands-on explication, the delegates are exposed to IoT exploitation techniques and security requirements to support trusted IoT platforms and practical implementations using innovative threat and security models. The module provides essential knowledge on how to identify emerging threats and plan mitigation techniques to minimise both vulnerabilities and attack surfaces against this fusion of interconnected devices.
What will I learn?
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of underpinning technologies enabling IoT implementations related to security and ethical issues and critically evaluate vulnerabilities and threats to data hardware and end users of IoT systems
- The ability to autonomously apply appropriate IoT solutions to real-life scenarios and the ability to apply appropriate theory to implement countermeasures and minimise the risk of vulnerabilities
Who should attend this training course?
The Internet of Things Security course is ideal for delegates who are interested in IoT technologies and their unique security requirements. The main focus is on people with general network security knowledge who want to expand their understanding of energy-efficient protocols and their security implications with applications in different IoT paradigms. There are no previous learning requirements.
What does this training course cover?
- Introduction to the IoT ecosystem
- IoT Identity and privacy management
- IoT Protocols and Implementations;
- NFC; ZigBee; 6LowPAN; Bluetooth MQTT; CoAP; AMQP; LPWAN
- IoT forensic frameworks
- Fundamentals of Physical Layer Security
- Authentication and access control for IoT devices
- Security and trust models in IoT
- Smart connected things and infrastructures
- Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) security and applications in the IoT
- IoT devices and network security management
- IoT Exploitation techniques and Defence mechanisms
- IoT Standardisation
What’s included in this course?
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free onsite parking
- Access to full course materials (digital copy PDF)
- A certificate of course completion
How can I further my knowledge?
For additional training modules and more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org