Information Governance & Compliance
- Duration: 3 days
- Course delivery: Online/Cyber Quarter, Hereford
- Course code: CQIGC
- Cost: £1,650 + VAT
Register Your Interest
Training course outline
This course seeks to address the discipline of Information Governance and compliance and its associated theories practices and principles that govern any modern information system in alignment with multi-disciplinary structures processes and procedures. Particular focus is given to the framework standards and strategies for managing an organisation’s information assets with all the underpinned legal and regulatory requirements that need to be fulfilled within existing and emerging Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) frameworks.
What will I learn?
- Demonstrate an in-depth and systematic understanding of policies, standards, methodologies and procedures around information governance and their impact on security frameworks in modern and dynamic information systems with clear references to the value of information and organisational assets
- Assess, classify, evaluate and review current legal and regulatory requirements, record management and auditing processes and their influence upon self-preserved, dynamic and versatile information governance programmes and frameworks
Who should attend this training course?
The Information Governance and Compliance course is ideal for anyone who wants to establish an in-depth understanding of IG Compliance, standards and policies. There are no previous learning requirements.
What does this training course cover?
- Introduction, definitions and IA principles
- Data, information and IT governance
- IG roles and responsibilities
- Accountability, legal and regulatory applicability and requirements; Business Continuity Planning & Disaster Recovery
- IG strategic planning and best practices; IG policy development
- IG business consideration and legal functions
- E-discovery; IG standardisation and accepted practices
- IG auditing and enforcement, monitoring
- Records management and inventorying
- IT and Data governance frameworks
- IG in the Cloud, Social media and mobile devices
- Maintain an IG programme (challenges and opportunities)
- Capability maturity level and long-term digital preservation
- ISO27000x series, ISO30301, ISO30300
- Privacy, data protection legislation; Wassenaar Agreement, ESR 2002
- EU Directives and UK DPA98; Monitoring, RIPA, CMA, PCI-DSS; Common Criteria (CC); IG Guidelines
What’s included in this course?
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free onsite parking
- Access to full course materials (digital copy PDF)
- A certificate of course completion
How can I further my knowledge?
For additional training modules and more details please contact email@example.com