Cyber Security for the Board
- Duration: 1 day
- Dates: 20 December 2023
- Course delivery: Online/Cyber Quarter, Hereford
- Course code: CQCSB
- Cost: £800 + VAT
Training course outline
The frequency and impact of security breaches upon businesses have firmly placed cyber security at the heart of strategic business decisions taken by boards of directors.
Maintaining proper internal information security controls and reducing cyber security risk have become part of their responsibilities, leading to several changes to the traditional organisational structures and internal committees.
Our Cyber Security for the Board course is designed to support the instrumental role that boards of directors and senior management play in establishing cyber readiness and resilience and associated tools, protocols, and techniques to achieve it in a highly dynamic and versatile business environment.
What will I learn?
- Identify key steps and processes for board of directors to better assess cybersecurity risks and inform decision-making from potential data theft and loss of information.
- Constructively contribute to boardroom discussions on cybersecurity by evaluating data metrics and information fed by chief information security officers to build confidence in the organisation’s cyber security plans.
Who should attend this training course?
Our Cyber Security for the Board course is ideal for experienced and newly appointed company directors who want to understand the extent of cyber security decision-making and the impact of data breaches on businesses processes and strategic plans. There are no previous learning requirements.
What does this training course cover?
- Attack enablers and changes to the threat landscape
- Building cyber resilience and response to incidents
- Capability management and resourcing
- Cyber insurance
- Cyber security compliance and risk prioritisation
- Cyber security organisational culture and management skills
- Cyber security oversight: the role of the board
- Data breaches vs poor management vs poor governance
- Enterprise security principle
- Independent reviews and testing
- Information security fundamentals
- “IT skills on board” and agility to technological changes
- Metrics for breach impact
- Security awareness programmes and reporting protocols
- Security return on investment
- Strategy best practice: from cyber threats to business
- Social engineering and targeted attacks
What’s included in this course?
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free onsite parking
- Access to full course materials (digital copy PDF)
- A certificate of course completion
How can I further my knowledge?
We offer a wide range of courses and support that complement and build upon our Introduction to Cyber Security course. Explore our website for more information, or contact our friendly team on social media, call: 01432 344 424 or email: email@example.com