Cyber Security Essentials
- Duration: 2 days
- Course delivery: Online/Face-to-face
- Course code: CQCSE
- Cost: £800 + VAT
Register Your Interest
Training course outline
Cyber Security Essentials provides a basic level understanding of security controls and other preventative measures against cyber risks associated with modern enterprises. The training will provide theoretical and practical exercises to guard against a vast range of cyber threats both internally and externally, and will help to facilitate preparedness when faced with security incidents.
What will I learn?
- Understand basic principles of Information security and identify optimal security controls in an organisational context
- Be able to identify how protection mechanisms fail and how malicious content can impact business operations
- A comprehensive guide to the Cyber Security Essentials scheme
Who should attend this training course?
The Cyber Security Essentials course is ideal for people who are starting their Cyber Security journey and who want to understand the basics of cyber threat identification and security controls. There are no previous learning requirements.
What does this training course cover?
- Firewall security
- Secure Configuration
- User Access Control and privilege management
- Malware Protection
- Patch Management
- Threat identification and mitigation techniques
- Proactive network defence principles
- Manage IT security incidents
- Applied cryptography
- Understand authentication and authorisation mechanisms
- Principles of Physical Security
- User-centric security and awareness
What’s included in this course?
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free onsite parking
- Access to full course materials (digital copy PDF)
- A certificate of course completion
How can I further my knowledge?
For additional training modules and more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org